The Commercial Ewe Show and Market Lamb Show will take place on Saturday, July 6, at the 2019 Smith County Fair, following the Sheep Showmanship.
Arrival time by 2:00 p.m.
Weigh-in is 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
$2 entry fee per head.
Commercial Ewe Classes: Based on age, weight, and face color. Separate classes for lambs and yearlings. Maximum of 4 commercial ewes per exhibitor.
Market Lamb Classes: Based on weight and face color. Maximum of 4 market lambs per exhibitor.
- 1st: $14
- 2nd: $12
- 3rd: $10
- 4th: $8
- 5th: $6
- Open to Tennessee Youth that have completed 12th grade or below from the following counties: Smith, Wilson, Trousdale, Macon, Jackson, DeKalb, Sumner, Clay, Overton, Putnam, Cannon, White, Warren, Rutherford, Davidson, Bedford, Coffee, Robertson, Van Buren, Cumberland, or Pickett.
- $2 Entry Fee per head for out of county exhibitors
- Health and registration papers for purebred sheep must be available
- Sheep must have Scrapie tags to be eligible to participate.
- Maximum two sheep per exhibitor in each class. Exhibitors can be moved up one age group to show, if exhibitor has more than 1 per class.
- No straw bedding allowed in barn.
- Trucks and trailers shall park in designated areas after unloading.
- All livestock shall be exhibited at owner’s risk. Smith County Fair will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any animals or equipment, but every precaution will be taken to prevent any such damage or loss.
- All livestock exhibitors and drivers of vehicles transporting livestock will be admitted free.
Chairpersons: Chris Hicks – 615-735-2900 or Holly Harper – email@example.com