The Dog Show at the Smith County Fair will take place at the Smith County Ag Center at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, 2018.
There will be an entry fee of $3 for each class.
1. All dogs on the fairgrounds must be on a leash or in a carrier.
2. Dog handlers may be any age, except in Junior Handling.
3. Entries will be taken on day of judging between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
Division 1 – JUNIOR HANDLING – Open to participants who are 18 years and under. This class will be judged on the participant’s handling/exhibiting ability and grooming of the dog.
Division 2 – SPORTING BREEDS
Pointers, Retrievers, Setters, Spaniels, etc.
Division 3 – WORKING/ UTILITY BREEDS
Collies, Heelers, Cattle Dogs, Dobermans, Goat Dogs, etc.
Division 4 – HOUND BREEDS
Coonhounds, Treeing Walkers, Beagles, Foxhounds, etc.
Division 5 – TOY, NON-SPORTING & TERRIERS
Poodles, Bulldogs, Shi-Tzu, Yorkshire Terriers, Havanese, Bichons, Westies, Scotties, etc.
Division 6 – MISCELLANEOUS
Designer Breeds (Shorkies, Poo-Chons, Teddy Bears, etc) & Mixed Breeds.
Division 7 – BEST DRESSED
The 1st place winner from divisions 2-5 will compete for “Best In Show” after each division has been judged.
- 1st Place in each class – $5 & ribbon
- 2nd Place in each class – $3 & ribbon
- 3rd Place in each class – $2 & ribbon
- Best In Show – Ribbon & Gift Basket
- Best Jr. Handler – Ribbon, $15 cash
For more information, contact Lindsey Dixon at 615-735-3330.
The Dog Show is sponsored by the Smith County Animal Clinic.