Entries for the Smith County Fair Ham, Bacon, and Jowl Show will be received between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at the Ag Center on Saturday, June 30, 2018.
Rules and Regulations:
- Open to all Tennessee residents of any age.
- Hams must be entered and exhibited in the name of the owner.
- Exhibitor limited to one entry per class.
- All entries must be sound.
- All exhibits will be hung for display.
- Hams will remain on display until Sunday, July 8 and must be picked up between 1:00 and 3:00 pm.
- Ham Premiums will be: $20 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place and $10 for 3rd place
- Bacon and Jowl Premiums: $15 for 1st, $10 for 2nd, and $5 for 3rd.
Judging Criteria: Maximum 100 Points
Conformation (20 Pts) – General Shape;
Workmanship (10 Pts.) – Neatness and attractiveness
of trim; Meatiness (20 Pts.) – Lean to fat ratio; Color (20 Pts.) – Desirability and uniformity of color; Aroma (30 Pts.) – Desirability of aroma.
For more information, contact Superintendent Nicholus Bussell (615)735-7756 or contact the Extension Office (615)735-2900.
The Ham, Bacon, and Jowl show is sponsored by Roofix, Inc.