The Junior Breeding Sheep Show will take place at the 2019 Smith County Fair on Saturday, July 6, at 12:00 p.m. Participants must arrive between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and must be registered by 11:00 a.m.
The show is available Dorset, Suffolk, Hampshire, Dorper/White Dorper & AOB.
Breeds will be added for any breed with more than 10 head and at least two exhibitors.
$2 entry fee per head.
- 1st: $14
- 2nd: $12
- 3rd: $10
- 4th: $8
- 5th: $6
- Lot 1: Sr. Ram Lamb (September 1 – December 31, 2018)
- Lot 2: Early Jr. Lamb (January 1 – February 14, 2019)
- Lot 3: Late Jr. Ram Lamb (February 15 and after)
- Champion Ram
- Reserve Champion Ram
- Lot 4: Sernior Yearling Ewe (September 1, 2017 – February 14, 2018)
- Lot 5: Junior Yearling Ewe (February 15 – August 31, 2018)
- Lot 6: Senior Ewe Lamb (September 1 – December 31, 2018)
- Lot 7: Early Jr. Ewe Lamb (January 2019)
- Lot 8: Intermediate Jr. Ewe Lamb (February 2019)
- Lot 9: Late Jr. Ewe Lamb (March 1, 2019 and after)
- Champion Eve
- Reserve Champion Eve
- Lot 10: Flock (5 Head: ram lamb, 2 yearling ewes, 2 ewe lambs)
- Open to Tennessee Youth that have completed 12th grade or below from the following counties: Smith, Wilson, Trousdale, Macon, Jackson, DeKalb, Sumner, Clay, Overton, Putnam, Cannon, White, Warren, Rutherford, Davidson, Bedford, Coffee, Robertson, Van Buren, Cumberland, or Pickett.
- $2 Entry Fee per head for out of county exhibitors
- Health and registration papers for purebred sheep must be available
- Sheep must have Scrapie tags to be eligible to participate.
- Maximum two sheep per exhibitor in each class. Exhibitors can be moved up one age group to show, if exhibitor has more than 1 per class.
- No straw bedding allowed in barn.
- Trucks and trailers shall park in designated areas after unloading.
- All livestock shall be exhibited at owner’s risk. Smith County Fair will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any animals or equipment, but every precaution will be taken to prevent any such damage or loss.
- All livestock exhibitors and drivers of vehicles transporting livestock will be admitted free.
Chairpersons: Chris Hicks – 615-735-2900 or Holly Harper – email@example.com