Open to Smith County Residents Only
Entry Deadline is Monday, July 31, 2017/
Talent Show Rules:
1. Acts can be musical, dance, comedy, etc.
2. Contestants must be amateurs - no professional musicians/artists may perform.
3. Contestants must perform one entire selection.
4. All Contestants must not exceed 5 minutes.
5. No guns, knives, sharp objects, fire, smoke, or smoke effects will be allowed on stage during the
6. Entries will be divided into 3 categories.
7. If recorded music is to be used, it must be on CD.
8. No CD may have the lead singer on it at all. Background voices cannot exceed more than 50% of the
recording. There must be ample time for judges to hear the contestant's voice with absolutely no 'voice
over'. Judges have the final say on this ruling.
9. Any misconduct or use of profane language on the part of the contestant, parent or instructor is
prohibited. Unsportsmanlike behavior is not allowed. Violation of this rule will result in elimination.
10. PLEASE keep performance family oriented. Talent Show Chairperson has sole discretion to refuse
11. Spectators may not stand in front of or directly behind the judges during a performance.
12. All decisions of the judges are final.
13. Entry and performance constitutes compliance with, and acceptance of, the 2016 Talent Show
14. EVERY contestant must complete a Release and Indemnity Form.
15. Smith County Fair and the Talent Show committee reserve the right to amend the rules and
regulations as necessary, as well as accept any entry desiring participation in the Talent Show.
16. Decisions of the Talent Show Committee are to be adhered to fully. Failure to comply with ALL
written and verbal rules and regulations shall constitute grounds for non-participation in the 2016
17. Contestants will be judged for their showmanship, talent, crowd appeal, and overall performance.
18. Talent Show winners will be announced after the Talent competition.
19. Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.