The Archery Competition is CANCELED for the 2020 Smith County Fair and will resume in 2021.
Pre-registration is required. To pre-register, contact Katie Martin at (615) 735-2900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIVISIONS (Grade as of 01/2019):
- Junior (4-5 grades)
- Junior High (6-8 grades)
- Senior (9-12 grades)
There is a $5 entry fee to compete in the archery competition.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
All scoring will be individual only.
1. All archers must wear closed-toed shoes at all times on range.
2. Genesis Compound shooters must use either the “Original Genesis” or the “Genesis Mini” bows with no modifications or accessories other than a wrist sling and/or “finger savers.”
3. The Official Arrow of the Genesis division is the .30 inch 1820 aluminum arrows, 7075 alloy, UNI Bushing and Easton press-fit ‘G’ nock (or NASP 1820 glue-on nocks), nickel plated target point with 2.8 inch vanes.
1. 80 cm faces, 5-color face
2. Distance – 10 and 15 meters in that order
3. Course of Fire – 3 ends of 5 arrows each from 10 meters; 3 ends of 5 arrows each from 15 meters
4. Shooters will shoot two to a target at the same time. Each shooter will have five arrows of a particular arrow shaft color, different from the other archer on the lane, for scoring purposes.
5. Time Limit – 4 minutes per 5 arrow end
Safety must be the number one priority of range personnel, participants, and spectators. Standard accepted safety rules will be followed at all times, special safety considerations will be announced at each venue. The Discipline Superintendent, range officers or other event staff may dismiss anyone from the range for unsafe behavior. The score may be forfeited, participant disqualified or spectators barred at the discretion of the range staff.