Entries for the Decorated Round Hay Bale Competition at the Smith County Fair will be accepted at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 29, 2019. Entries will be judged on July 1.
- 1st – $50
- 2nd – $40
- 3rd – $30
- Pre-entry is required before June 24th. Contact the chairman, to pre-enter.
- Open to any youth, adult, or group who are residents of Smith County.
- Entrant is responsible for providing round bale of hay. (Hay can be rented for $10 a bale contact Chairman)
- Hay bales should be on site by June 29th and decorated by July 1st at 3 p.m. Entries will be judged on July 1st.
- The bales should be decorated with a good clean, wholesome theme. No vulgar or suggestive decorations will be allowed – this includes people rolled up inside a bale with feet or head sticking out. Please call Chairman with any questions.
- Bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end. For safety purposes, round bales will not be stacked on top of each other.
- Decorations should be weather and wind-proof. They should be checked and maintained daily.
- No commercial or political party signs of ANY KIND are allowed.
- Decorations and bales are to be removed by Monday, July 8th at 5p.m.
For more information, contact Chairman Diann Bussell at (615)735-7637 or Co-Chairman Samantha Bussell at (615) 735-9193.