The Smith County Fair Dog Show is CANCELED for the 2020 fair and will resume at the 2021 Smith County Fair.
The Dog Show at the Smith County Fair will take place at the Smith County Ag Center at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 4, 2020.
There will be an entry fee of $3 for each class.
1. All dogs on the fairgrounds must be on a leash or in a carrier.
2. Dog handlers may be any age, except in Junior Handling.
3. Entries will be taken on day of judging between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
Division 1 – SPORTING BREEDS
Pointers, Retrievers, Setters, Spaniels, etc.
Division 2 – WORKING/ UTILITY BREEDS
Collies, Heelers, Cattle Dogs, Dobermans, Goat Dogs, etc.
Division 3 – HOUND BREEDS
Coonhounds, Treeing Walkers, Beagles, Foxhounds, etc.
Division 4 – TOY, NON-SPORTING & TERRIERS
Poodles, Bulldogs, Shi-Tzu, Yorkshire Terriers, Havanese, Bichons, Westies, Scotties, etc.
Division 5 – MISCELLANEOUS
Designer Breeds (Shorkies, Poo-Chons, Teddy Bears, etc) & Mixed Breeds.
Division 6 – BEST DRESSED
Division 7 – JUNIOR HANDLING – Open to participants who are 18 years and under. This class will be judged on the participant’s handling/exhibiting ability and grooming of the dog.
The 1st place winner from divisions 1-5 will compete for “Best In Show” after each division has been judged.
- 1st Place in each class – $5 & ribbon
- 2nd Place in each class – $3 & ribbon
- 3rd Place in each class – $2 & ribbon
- Best In Show – Ribbon & Gift Basket
- Best Jr. Handler – Ribbon, $15 cash
For more information, contact Lindsey Dixon at 615-735-3330.
The Dog Show is sponsored by the Smith County Animal Clinic.