Entries for the 2022 Smith County Fair Ham, Bacon, and Jowl Show will be received between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. at the Ag Center on Saturday, July 2nd.
Rules and Regulations:
- Open to all Tennessee residents of any age.
- Hams must be entered and exhibited in the name of the owner.
- Exhibitor limited to one entry per class.
- All entries must be sound.
- All exhibits will be hung for display.
- Hams will remain on display until Sunday, July 7, and must be picked up between 12:00 and 2:00 p.m.
- Ham Premiums will be: $20 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place and $10 for 3rd place
- Bacon and Jowl Premiums: $15 for 1st, $10 for 2nd, and $5 for 3rd.
- Best of Show for Largest Ham – $20
- Best of Show Overall – $20
Judging Criteria: Maximum 100 Points
Conformation (20 Pts) – General Shape
Workmanship (10 Pts.) – Neatness and attractiveness of of trim
Meatiness (20 Pts.) – Lean to fat ratio
Color (20 Pts.) – Desirability and uniformity of color
Aroma (30 Pts.) – Desirability of aroma
For more information, contact Superintendent Nicholus Bussell (615)735-7756 or contact the Extension Office (615)735-2900.
The Ham, Bacon, and Jowl show is sponsored by Roofix, Inc.