A new event at the 2019 Smith County Fair is the Junior Prospect Hog Show. The Hog Show will be held on Wednesday, July 3, at 6:00 p.m. at the Smith County Ag Center.
All entries must be on the fair grounds by 4:30 p.m.
- (A) Novice
- (B) Junior (Grades 4-5)
- (C) Jr. High (Grades 6-8)
- (D) Sr. High (Grades 9-12)
Classes: (Weight breaks to be determined after weigh-in)
- Lightweight I
- Lightweight II
- Middleweight I
- Middleweight II
- Heavyweight I
- Heavyweight II
- Lightweight Grand Champion
- Lightweight Reserve Champion
- Middleweight Grand Champion
- Middleweight Reserve Champion
- Heavyweight Grand Champion
- Heavy Weight Reserve Champion
- Overall Grand Champion Market Hog
- Overall Reserve Champion Market Hog
- Classes 1-6: 1st – $20, 2nd – $16, 3rd – $14, 4th – $12, 5th – $10
- Classes 7-12: Rosette Only
- Class 13: $25
- Class 14: $20
- $1.00 entry fee per head with a limit of six entries per exhibitor.
- Health papers are required.
- Show Hogs include: Gilts & Barrows of any breed.
- Open to Tennessee Youth that have completed the 12th Grade or below.
- No straw bedding allowed in the barn.
- All Livestock shall be exhibited at owner’s risk.
- Smith County Fair will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any animals or equipment, but every precaution will be taken to prevent any such loss or damage.
- All livestock exhibitors and drivers of vehicles transporting livestock will be admitted free.