The Smith County Fair Meat Goat Show is CANCELED for the 2020 fair and will resume at the 2021 Smith County Fair.
Rules & Regulations:
- All animals must have current Health Certificates at weigh-in.
- All classes will be shown by weights. There is no minimum weight.
- There will be four divisions of goats shown: Market kids (Market kids is for wethers or doe kids raised for slaughter. All animals must have their kid teeth to show in this division), Doe kids, Yearling does and Senior does. Each division will select a champion.
- Each exhibitor will be allowed ten (10) animals, (these 10 to include: Market kids, doe kids, and yearling does).
- Wether kids must not exhibit any testicular tissue. Animals having this will be dismissed.
- Wether kids and doe kids must have all milk teeth at weigh-in. Wether kids not having them will be dismissed and does without both milk teeth will be moved to the yearling doe division.
- Yearling does are allowed to have no more than two sets of adult teeth (4 large teeth) to be eligible to show for champion.
- All goats must have legible tattoo or ear tag in order to show.
- All goats will be weighed and classified prior to the show and will be divided into classes in their divisions.
- Show management reserves the right to disqualify any animal that exhibits any sign of disease regardless.
- Smith County Fair Association, volunteers, or affiliates are not responsible for any accidents.
- Saw dust will be provided for bedding. If you would like to use your own bedding, please use pine shavings.
Special Note: Federal law requires that all goats that are exhibited in shows must meet USDA regulations and have a scrapie ID ear tag permanently attached in its ear or other approved ID. Exhibitors may contact the USDA office at (615)781-5310 to order their tags. Animals without proper scrapie tags or approved ID and certificate of veterinary inspection will not be allowed to exhibit.
A separate entry form must be filled out for each exhibitor. All goats have to be shown by the exhibitor that it is singed up under.
The only exception to this rule is if the exhibitor has 2 or more in the same class.
For more information, please call (615) 633-6963 or (615)633-5176.