The Smith County Fair Open Poultry Show is CANCELED for the 2020 fair and will resume at the 2021 Smith County Fair.
CLASS I – Bantams
Lot 1 Feather Legged (Purebred) Hen
Lot 2 Feather Legged (Purebred) Rooster
Lot 3 Clean Legged (Purebred) Hen
Lot 5 Other (Mixed) Hen
Lot 6 Other (Mixed) Rooster
CLASS II – Heavy Breeds
Lot 1 Barred Rock Hen
Lot 2 Barred Rock Rooster
Lot 3 Rhode Island Red Hen
Lot 6 Sex Link (Black, Red, or White) Rooster
Lot 7 Americanas Hen
Lot 8 Americanas Rooster
Lot 9 Orphingtons Hen
Lot 10 Orphingtons Rooster
Lot 11 Other – Hen
Lot 12 Other – Rooster
CLASS III – Asiatic Breeds
Lot 1 Cochins Hen
Lot 4 Other – Rooster
CLASS IV – Ducks
Lot 1 Pekin Hen
1. Must preregister by calling Extension Office (735-2900) by June 18. No exceptions.
2. All birds must be inspected and free of disease, parasites, etc. and certified Pullorum free prior to being accepted for competition. Free on-site testing will be conducted prior to show.
3. Exhibition cages will be provided.
4. Exhibitor limited to one entry per class.
5. Though every precaution will be taken, neither the Smith County fair nor any individual working this event, will be responsible for the injury or loss of any bird.
6. All birds must be removed from the Fair Grounds following the completion of the show.
- 1st place – $5
- 2nd place – $3
- 3rd place – $2
- Best of Class – $5
- Best of Show Overall – $10
First place winners in each lot will compete for Best of Class. Best of Class winners will compete for Best of Show Overall at the end of the show.
For more information, contact Superintendent Katie Martin at the Smith County Extension Office at (615) 735-2900.